Am I able to walk my dog on your reserves?

Yes, we welcome well-behaved dogs on our site. We ask that owners are responsible and keep dogs on a short lead and pick up after their dog(s). Dogs are not allowed onto Langford Lakes or Blakehill Farm.

Can I bring a group to the Nature Reserve?

Yes, we welcome groups visits but please book in advance with Wiltshire Wildlife Trust. This avoids embarrassing situations when the site is closed for management or other groups have already booked in advance.  We would ask that a small donation is made towards the upkeep of the reserve.

If you would like a Reserve Officer to guide you or meet you on site this can often be arranged for a small charge.

Can I gather items such as berries and mushrooms from the reserves?

We do not mind you picking a few berries and mushrooms for your own use. However, some of our sites are SSSI's and there are strict rules on collecting and removing anything and often written permission is required. 

Collecting should be limited and do not pick everything. 

Collecting and picking flowers is not acceptable. 

Commercial groups would need to contact the Trust and gain written permission in advance.

Can I use a metal detector on sites owned by Wiltshire Wildlife Trust?

Typically no, however, it may be possible in some cases after written permission has been obtained from Wiltshire Wildlife Trust. 

Do we issue membership cards?

Watch Members (junior members) are issued with a membership card, however, adult members do not get issued a membership card. 

Do you allow the use of drones on your reserves?

This may be possible in some cases but only after written permission has been obtained from Wiltshire Wildlife Trust.  

Please read our drone policy before contacting us for permission. 

Do you need to pay to visit our reserves?

No, you do not need to pay to visit our reserves. It is also free to park on the reserves that have car parking access.

Do you sell any produce from the reserves?

Yes, we sell a number of items direct from the reserves.

Our coppice management generates items such as pea and bean sticks and sustainable firewood.  We also undertake some forestry work and produce bags of kindling and logs in various sizes.

Occasionally we have larger logs that may be suitable for cabinet making and turning (especially oak and cherry). We also cut several willow beds and generate bundles of living willow that could be used for structures, planting fedges, basket making etc.

We harvest seed direct from our meadows and often have quantities that we can sell.

We use the apples from our wildlife-rich orchards and sell bottles of Wiltshire Apple juice.

Occasionally, we have meat to sell from our sheep and cattle.   

How can I join the Night Fishing Group at Langford Lakes?

Currently, the Night Fishing Group at Langford Lakes is closed as we have a long waiting list. 

Day tickets are available for the Brockbank, they cost £10.00 per day and only two are available each day and they must be booked in advance. 

Fishing is from 08:00 until 1 hour before dusk.

See further details.

How do I make a complaint?

At Wiltshire Wildlife Trust, we strive to treat everyone with respect that we come into contact with. However sometimes issues do arise; if you are unhappy with your interactions with us, please rest assured that we take this very seriously.

Complaints should where possible be in writing and sent to:

Wiltshire Wildlife Trust
Elm Tree Court
Long Street
SN10 1NJ

They can also be emailed to us at: [email protected]

Or call us on 01380 725670 

For complaints about fundraising, Wiltshire Wildlife Trust is registered with the Fundraising Regulator and is committed to the highest standards in fundraising practice. In accordance with the Fundraising Regulator’s Complaints Policy, a complaint must be made to Wiltshire Wildlife Trust within 12 weeks of the fundraising incident or communication of which the complaint is made.

If after four weeks following the complaint, the matter has not been addressed or you do not feel that your concerns have been resolved satisfactorily by Wiltshire Wildlife Trust, you can refer your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator (England & Wales only):

Fundraising Regulator
1st Floor
10 St Bride Street

0300 999 3404

[email protected]

You can read our complaints policy here – please read this and get in touch with us if you would like to raise anything with our staff team.

What do I do if I find an injured animal?

Unfortunately, Wiltshire Wildlife Trust doesn't have the facilities to help with injured animals, however, there are some fantastic animal hospitals in Wiltshire that are always willing to help.

Who? Where? Contact
Oak & Furrows Cricklade 01793 751412
Wiltshire Wildlife Hospital Salisbury 07850 778752 (Emergency Number)

What does Wiltshire Wildlife Trust do to promote sustainable living?

To find out more about the Trust's views on sustainable living, see the Greener Living tab on our website or see the links below.

Better food Climate change Education In Your Community
In your home Renewable energy Reduce Reuse Recycle Wiltshire Real Nappy Network

When do the snakes-head fritillaries come out and where can I go to see them?

Although each year is different, the peak flowering season for the snake's-head fritillary is in late April to early May. Fritillaries can be seen at WWT's Clattinger Farm and Upper Waterhay reserves. The Upper Waterhay population is unusual in that 80% of the flowers are cream-coloured. 

Will you do a survey for us?

Yes, we do surveys on a commercial basis: contact Jan Freeborn at Chalkhill Environmental Consultants.